Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The blog's back . . . hopefully

It's painfully obvious that I'm no good at blogging. I attempted lengthy blogs that provided detailed summaries of what was happening in South Minneapolis. Failure. I attempted to do video blogs. Epic failure. So I asked myself what kind of blogs I actually read. Short. Simple. To. The. Point. Thus, from now on I will attempt to provide paragraph(ish)-long updates of what the Spirit is doing through us in South Minneapolis. I make no promises that I will accomplish what I am attempting to do. But I'll do my best!


On Thursday, March 13 we were blessed with the healthy birth of our 4th child - Lydia Nicole Larson. She is doing incredibly well and is doing everything that newborns are supposed to do - eat, sleep, and fill diapers. Her 3 older siblings are absolutely in love with her and have been fantastic helpers! I have been able to take a break for the last couple of weeks in order to focus my attention and energy on the home as we transition to our new life as a family of 6 - with 4 of us under the age of 6 :)




I am very excited about the month of April for a few reasons. Reason #1 - HOPEFULLY winter will finally leave us and we can actually enjoy life outdoors for more than 5 minutes at a time. Reason #2 - As a Community, we are transitioning from initiating relationships with other organizations and churches in the City (i.e. Engage Global, MVNA, Prison Fellowship, etc.) to deepening these relationships. Reason #3 - We have a TON of exciting stuff happening this month. For instance:
  1. Sunday, April 6 - the baptism of Lydia Nicole Larson (the Community's first baptism)
  2. Sunday, April 13 - presentation during our Community Gathering by our new friends at Prison Fellowship
  3. Thursday, April 17 - a full-fledged Seder Meal!
  4. Sunday, April 27 - preaching again at Holy Cross in Prior Lake

Invest in us and our work in S. Minneapolis - Click Here

Pray for us and our work in S. Minneapolis - Click Here


#PlantTheGospel

No comments:

Post a Comment